Sunday, July 12, 2009

I need as much info regarding estate & inheritance laws in washington state?

my dad owes back taxes %26amp; child support in c.a. my grandma owns a house in the state of washington. she will be passing away soon.is there anyway that she can put the estate in my name so the i.r.s. wont take all the money from the sale of the house if it were in my dads name. its in his name as of now. can we set up a trust fund for me so im the only owner of the house.its in washington state. i need to know all the laws of inheritance,estate procedures. etc...

I need as much info regarding estate %26amp; inheritance laws in washington state?
Your grandma can will the house to whomever she wants to.
Reply:Your grandmother should consult with a local attorney with estate planning experience.





If your father is one of the legal owners of the property right now, any effort to transfer the ownership to hide the asset from the tax man or his children may fail. Depending upon the circumstances, it may even be a crimminal act.





Why would you possibly want to bar his kids -- your brothers and sisters -- from getting the support that they deserve??


No comments:

Post a Comment